Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Smitten Safety Dance with Crows

October has officially arrived so I guess it's OK to start posting Halloween-ish mani's now!   I thought I had better get going with the fall and Halloween mani's while I can as it will soon be Digit-al Dozen week (and the theme isn't Halloween or fall related....but depending on how creative one is, some of the ladies might turn their nails into Halloween or fall with the theme...but I'm not that creative!) and only so much time to post fall and Halloween related mani's after that.  So hopefully it doesn't seem too early to share!  Here's what I came up with...and it's not overly Halloween-y even if it is early!


Started with a base of Smitten Polish Safety Dance, two coats, no topcoat.  I know this is from the summer line but oh, so perfect still for fall or Halloween IMHO!  


As Noelie states on the Smitten Polish e-store:  "It's orange! It's peach! It's coral! It's an orange neon linear holographic polish that's tinged every so slightly with pink. Safety Dance is quite a chameleon, and the tone changes depending on the lighting." You can see even in my different lighting pix including the stamped ones that the brightness and shade of orange varies depending on lighting.  Love it!

Different lighting.



Stamped using Konad black special polish using MoYou Mother Nature Collection-14.




I added a few hand painted twigs on the thumb, too.


MoYou Mother Nature Collection-14


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.




I can't tell you how much I heart this mani!  A stunning orange holo base with some simple yet effective stamping equals win-win all around! 

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. Wow this is really pretty! It's perfect for Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That holo rocks and I love how you made it a Halloween mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this mani so much! Oct. 1st starts Halloween season as far as I'm concerned--I spent part of my lunch hour putting up bats and jack o'lanterns on the glass wall that makes up the front of my office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I was told on my IG account it's never too early to post Halloween nail art ;) I must have that Safety Dance polish now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, OMG i love ur holo!!! and love your stamping too. God Bless U.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea with using this design for halloween nailart :D This orange holo polish is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!