Thursday, July 23, 2015

My Attempt at a Radial Gradient!

I did my first ever radial gradient a couple weekends ago and while it's not perfect, it didn't turn out half bad! Here's what I came up with!


This is what the sponge looked like for the gradient. For me, the hardest part was gauging how large of a circle to do in each colour do do to fit my (little) nails.  Obviously I think my nails are bigger than they are because didn't get purple outer ring on all them but at least I'll know for next time.  The polishes I used were pretty sheer even though they looked opaque in the bottle; it took a lot.....and I mean A LOT...... of sponging to get good colour on the nails.  


 The other thing obviously was the cleanup...I did these over the weekend in cottage country where I don't have all my supplies and while I had purchased liquid latex to use at home for manis just like this, it was of little help to me sitting at home.


Polishes used were Sally Hansen Mardi Gras (purple), Barielle Bold n Confident (red) and Sally Hansen Insta-dri Lightening (yellow).  This is in the shade, after cleanup, which still wasn't the best.


Stamped using FUN 14 with Funky Fingers Dark Night. 


Shade. 

FUN 14






Top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.

I know my radial gradient need some work, especially for sizing, but not terribly for bad I don't think for my first try.  Plus everything takes practise, just like regular sponged gradients, stamping etc so I hope I will improve! I can see this being pretty cool occasionally for some image stamping.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

  1. They came out so well! These nails really make me want to try radial some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they look! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love these! I love the gradient you did as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♥ this is beautiful! I love the colours and the stamping is a perfect match! I think i have to try a radial gradient myself soon ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!! I've just done my first "normal" gradient so I'll practice on that a while longer but this is definitely on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done, the radial and the stamp are a great match.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this looks amazing! I still need to try a radial gradient sometime. This was the perfect image to go over it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this SOOOO much. I haven't done a successful radial yet, but this mani gives me hope. PS would have LOVED to see your face when you realised you left the liquid latex at home! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely amazing!!!! Love the colour combination and the stamping! Wish I had your skills :*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!