Friday, February 17, 2017

Digit-al Dozen Does Black; Day 5

It's the last day of Digit-al Dozen week with the challenge of black!  I did something totally black; however, this is a fail to me on many levels but I wanted to try to stay true to the theme at least for one mani!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Sally Hansen Big Smoky Topcoat; this is three coats.  A couple comments; I think it applies way nicer with no base. I had applied my regular Duri Rejuvenate and even though lots of time had passed for it to dry, the top coat still applied patchy.  Also, three coats is probably too many for good contrast with the stamping; I did two on Ms. Cindy (aka my test hand) and the contrast is better its just I can't stand VNL on me so did three in an attempt to cover it.  And the attempt still failed as you can see below....


Stamped using FunkyFingers Dark Knight using an image from Chez Feerique 002.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


 Ms. Cindy with two coats; I think the contrast is nicer between the base and stamping.


I really wasn't feeling this too much, so decided to add a coat of OPI Matte.  It was 'OK' but still not my favourite by any means.


When all else fails, add dots!  Still not a great fan of how they turned out but the dots made them wearable at least!  I think I may have liked these better with a black french tip too; just something about VNL on me that I'm not a fan of!


Hopefully you have enjoyed the black challenge this month!  I can say I can now wear something a little bit brighter....even though I wasn't all black all week!  It's still a lot of dark nails for this brights lover!

Here's the other ladies day 5 nails!



Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh I actually love this design with no dots, I know some people (including yourself) struggle with a visible nail line but I love how this looks on both your nails. Sorry you thought it was a fail, I think it's fab!
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these look great!! The gold dots add just the right amount of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how these turned out and loved theme even more with the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple but so completely perfect for the theme! I like them even better with the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them a lot. French tips would have been cute too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!