Thursday, May 18, 2017

Digit-al Dozen Does Rainforest: Day 3

Sorry I'm late for Day 3 of Digit-al Dozen rainforest nails; unfortunately, life got in the way!  Today, I'm sharing these gorilla nails; I was pretty happy how they turned out!  


Started with a base of Quo by Orly Nude, two coats.


Sponged on American Apparel Army Jacket, American Apparel MacArthur, Maybelline Go Go Green and Essence Walk On The Wild Side.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


My nails are fairly long here (for me, anyway!) and I was itching to cut them down but had planned this mani in advance a while ago.  (It may seem odd to plan in advance for some, but I know what the DD challenges are and some other things I participate in, so I go through all my plates every so often and pull them and gather ideas of what I'm doing to do, say even for mani themes months in advance!) So I had been waiting until they got a good length so that the thumb image from Bundle Monster S153 would fit.  I was in luck as it justtttt fit.  Added accent images from MoYou Literature Collection-08; both images using Funky Fingers Dark Knight.


Bundle Monster BM-S153


MoYou Literature Collection-08



Stamped pinky and middle finger using an image from Delaney Feuillages A001 using MdU 7.


Delaney Feuillages A001.  (I was into a lot of the images on this plate; I used quite a few of them to accent Ms. Cindy on quite a few days!)



Using same image and a clear stamper, placed foliage around the index and ring finger.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Well, I thought I was finished but the next morning I thought adding more gorilla images would be cool, so stamped them on all fingers using same image from MoYou Literature-08.


Did a finish with matte to cut down the glare!



Here's the other ladies Day 3 mani's!




Thanks for looking!

P.S. Immediately after these nails were done, I cut down my nails....too long! lol

P.S.S. I look that that thumb image and all I can see is sad gorilla...am I the only one?

4 comments:

  1. I actually really love the length of your nails! Great mani too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks...but I can't function with them much longer than this and they really go curvy and I don't like that either lol!

      Delete
  2. These look great! I like the mix of all the different greens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really good, you girls always impress me with such amazing nail art. Good post, thanks for sharing it with us, would love to see more such posts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!