Sunday, July 7, 2019

Experimenting With Layering Again!

I'm still experimenting with layering polishes; one of my favourite things to do is to top a base polish with an interesting topper or a sheerer polish anyway and see how it turns out.  And to finish it with some stamping, of course!  I did these back in March and while the colour combination is a little interesting, I think it works!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Misa Dirty Sexy Money, no top coat.  This was one of those sought after polishes back in the day and I'm glad I was able to snag it!  Formula is a little thin but personally, as long as it builds to opaque in two coats, I prefer thin as I find it easier to clean up!


Can we talk about that shine?  No top coat and so bright you need sunglasses!


Topped with a coat of Glam Polish Part of Your World.


Little darker lighting but you can see the beauty of the polish a little bit better.  Lots of interest here and it is a great polish for a topper but dense enough to layer to opaque. 


Bottle shot of Glam Polish Part of Your World.



Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Shown again in different lighting to see polish topper a little bit better.


Stamped with image from Apipila Super Placa H using Painted Polish Autumn Twilight 2.0.


Lots of interest there!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Loving this shift in the Glam Polish, just adds so much more interest to the nails!


I love experimenting with layering; I only wish I had more time to do more of it!  I know it isn't time consuming to do the actual nails; it is the time to search through my stash to come up with polishes (and plates!) to use!

Hope you're having a great weekend; thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!