Friday, April 10, 2020

Easter Nails!

I always associate white lilies with Easter (aka Easter lilies) so always try to do a lily mani at Easter.  But as much as I do try to do them, they just don't seem to turn out the best no matter how much I try.  Even these, they are OK but I know I can do better!  But sharing them anyway, for inspiration sake if nothing else!  


Started with a base of two coats of Girly Bits I Beg Your Garden?, no top coat.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


After making stamper decals using Star 113, applied them on top.  Unfortunately, they aren't the best.  Even though the black outline sat for 24 hours, it still smeared when I did the fill in with the white polish.  I tried not to load the brush too much nor dry brush across the outline but obviously I did something as still has a little smear.  *sigh*  This happen before on other Easter mani's; maybe one year I'll get it right!  I didn't apply the image that well on the index finger either; I wanted them all to look the same but failed even with clear stampers!  The other thing was the decals were brittle as I did the outline 48 hours before I wore them and then filled them in 24 hours before I wore them; they were dry and brittle and cracked in a couple spots when the decals were applied.  I'll have to remember to apply them sooner next time to try to avoid the cracks.  


For the ring finger, I removed all the lines to leave the space for the words.


Topped accent with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Shadow stamped words from UC Yay Spring! on accent nail then topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish  but unfortunately, the shadow wasn't as tight as I would prefer and also had a little tc smear 


Have a pleasant Good Friday, long weekend if you are an essential worker and #stayhome!  

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!