Sunday, April 11, 2021

Hot Pink for Hot Days!

I'm just kidding; while my nails may be hot, the weather has only been warm.  But you know here in Canada; if it's above 15C, especially after the winter, that is tanks and shorts and have the top down weather!  I haven't ventured in shorts yet (mainly because no pedi in months because of COVID lockdown still in my area) but the most recent wash of all the bedding got hung out to dry in the warm and sunny weather.  The spring flowers are up and the trees are starting to show their leaves; it is spring for sure in my area!  While brights are good any time of the year, I've been wearing them more, including these nails that I wore a couple days ago.  Here's what I came up with!


Started with one coat of Essie Off The Wall, no topcoat.


Topped with one coat of Girly Bits Calypso Rhythm (matte) (Polish Pickup July 2019) with a little extra here and there to cover some thin spots.  (I still see a few thin spots in these pictures, but it wasn't obvious IRL, plus I wasn't worried about it for two other reasons; I was going to stamp on top of the base and I knew I'd be changing the base in a day or so!)


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Different lighting to see the base a little better.


Stamped with image from EDK Magic Garden using Painted Polish Blanc Slate.  It is the same image on all nails, just used different parts of it centered on alternating nails.  Or tried to center it, lol.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Different lighting; you see the flakies and shimmer a little better.


After a couple days, I topped the nails with Essie Matte About You; not the best pix (excuse those dry cuticles and tip wear/shrinkage), but you do see how beautiful Calypso Rythm is when it's mattified.  It is a matte polish to begin with, I just really liked the look of it shiny too.  


 Hopefully you are enjoying some nice weather to...or soon!  Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!