Thursday, June 9, 2011

Nubar Baby Blue Stamped with A46

A while back, I went on a little image plate buying splurge; I may or may not have ordered over 100 new stamping plates! (If by chance my husband ever comes across this, I only ordered 10; 100 is a typo, ahem!) Anyway, they all arrived last week and I've been sampling a few of them in recent mani's. I already showed some of the SdP plates; I thought I'd use one from A41-60 that I just received from Magno Nails.**



Base coat is two coats of Nubar Baby Blue. Used China Glaze DV8 using fauxnad IP A46. After I stamped, added a few random rhinestones for a little more interest. Here's pix before they were added and before I added a couple more stamps because I couldn't decide at what point I wanted to finish adding them!



Using DV8 as stamp was wrong polish to use for this image plate in hindsight.
When I was doing my mani, I wanted to use a holographic polish as we've had a lot of sun lately and I think holo is just so cool. But I usually don't like to stamp a lot of holo's as base coats as I think the holo is so cool and I like it to be focal point....and really wanted to use a new plate. So next best thing in my mind was to stamp using a holo. Unfortunately, the end result was you just see the colour, no holo. Even in full sunlight, hardly any sparkle shows thru as the image details are so small.



I do most of my mani's very late at night and usually take pix right away. The above pix was taken the next morning in full sunlight...hardly any holo is to be seen....its not even visible IRL. Its not like it got lost in the camera pix which sometimes happens that a mani is so much cooler in real life than it translates (hopefully this makes sense...I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about!!) Oh well.

And just before I took it off, I added a little random sparkle...not sure if I like it or not, but here's what it looked like.



I'd also like to say a great big "hello" to you if you're just starting to follow my little blog! Thx for checking it out!

Thx for looking!

**Please note that I paid the invoiced amount in full for my plates. I do not endorse nor promote this website/etailer other than I am passing on the info of where I got them to those who may wish to know. I have no affiliation with any company and received no compensation for promotion of these products, nor am I promoting them...just letting fellow bloggers where they may be obtained should they be interested!

12 comments:

  1. This is really pretty. It makes me think of fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love this sweetie!

    Its so pretty love the rhinestones and the choice of colors you've used! - Great stamping as always!

    /Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design! I like the stones, and much as I like glitter I think it takes too much attention away in the last photo.

    Also, 100 plates? Wow. I wanna come play at your house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that design plate! I'm not sure I like the glitter, but the stones are extra cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this design :) It's so cute! Not sure about the glitter but the stones add alot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute design! I really liked the placement and the use of stones:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AH! LOVE this! I love the colors and rhinestones, you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cute! I love the brightly coloured rhinestones! I think it's best without the bit of glitter. <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are so creative! i am definitely NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. KarenD: Come on over! I wish I lived a little closer to you or I would have have met you at your hometown polish swap! Or if the price of gas was cheaper...:(

    Call me crazy, but I already told my DH that if there's a large meetup in Las Vegas, I'm there! (HE thinks I'm crazy!!) I think it would be such a cool experience meeting everyone in person and hanging out talking nails and swapping with all the gals, taking in a few shows on the strip etc etc! The few times I talk to sales ladies about polish/nail prep, etc, I always leave thinking that they must think I'm such a nail nerd!! Got no life, or real hobbies...which is so not the case!

    Jbrobeck: Hope you're enjoying the polishes from our swap! I don't think I'm creative at all...my designs are pretty simplistic, especially compared to the awesome nail art talent out in the blogesphere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Mr. still doesn't quite get my internet friends even though he's met some of them in person himself now. :) I will so be joining you in Las Vegas if that meet comes to be.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!