Sunday, September 30, 2012

French Tip Challenge

Over at FB Adventures in Stamping, this Sunday's challenge was using a french tip design.  This is what I came up with. 


French tips are my nemesis...but I've been getting better on the lining up over time, but they are still far from perfect.  So for this challenge, I thought if I *had* to do a french tipped mani, I was going to try using a traditional, white french tip image.  Looking at my nails, while they have a little staining, they aren't terribly bad so I thought I could pull it off...maybe....but before stamping, I added a coat of China Glaze Love Letters for a hint of skin tone colour on my nails.  Personally, I can hardly tell the difference that it was added.


Then did french tipped stamping using m19 with Konad white stamping polish.  I didn't line it up that well and I had to double stamp to cover all the tips.  And about this point, I didn't think I was even going to do the mani so didn't even take a pix...then to top it off, I went to pick up a bottle of polish and really nicked the stamping on the middle finger.  So I had to come up with something to cover it so used unnamed Glamour glitter as a gradient and then Midie no. 8 on top.

 

Here's a pix at this stage...you can see my really bad job of lining up the tips and I think if you click on the middle finger, I'm sure you can see the wrinkle too. You can also see my multi stampings of the french tip to make it thick enough to cover my tips.  What a mess!  Anyhoo, I thought I better add some more stamping to cover up my french tip stamping fail, so used black Konad stamping polish and added a trio of flowers on the top of the tips using Konad m25.



Then topped with SV to finish. 


Here's a pix of my right hand...I didn't do too bad of a job on the tip and the trio of flowers.


Topped with SV.


I think my french tips still need some work, but I didn't mind how this turned out.  In fact, I could easily see myself doing something like this again, maybe changing up the flowers or using another design along with the stamping colour.  Maybe with enough practise, I'll eventually get it right!

Hope you're having a great weekend...thanks for looking! 




8 comments:

  1. That turned out really well! I love the look of French tips, but I suck at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its turned out reallly well. If u didnt say I wouldnt know that tips havent been lined perfect. Btw: I did a gradient glitter mani using most of the icing polishes I won in a giveaway by you last year :D turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it , What a great tutorial to start with simple and glittery .

    ReplyDelete
  4. gefällt mir sehr! tolle kombi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this-I never use the tip designs on any of my plates. And I really do love a classic french and this is really gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should have guessed you stamped the white, too--I would have freehanded it, badly. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!