Saturday, December 28, 2013

Candy Cane Stripes

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas!  I've spent the last few days either travelling to see family or working, including dealing with homes that still are without hydro from the ice storm a week ago.  Many homes in Toronto and other parts of the GTA that have been without power for 7 days. It certainly has been a trying week; I truly hope that power is restored to most by tomorrow as reported in the media.  

This is a very quick mani I did Christmas Eve and what I had on my nails on Christmas Day.



Started with a base of three coats of Glitter Gal Light as a Feather; topped with SV.





Stamped using BM-423 using red and green Konad special polish. Unfortunately, my squishy stamper wouldn't work with this plate and I had to use the Konad stamper.  The squishy stamper works better on my curvy tips and sides so I was really hoping to use it, not to mention I seem to place tricky designs like this better (straighter) when I can place my nail into the stamper versus roll the stamper like you have to with Konad.  But no choice but to use Konad when the squishy stamper wouldn't work!



Even though my nails aren't terribly long, the image didn't fit onto my thumb that well (or I did a really bad placement job, which could be the case too!)



To fill the gap, I used a french tip design from Sugar Bubbles Special 001 at the tip of my thumb using same Konad green.  I also added a holly from Chez Xmas 001.  Using a fine tipped brush, I filled in a little to the tips and other areas where the stamping was missed.



Topped with SV to finish.



Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!