Monday, December 9, 2013

Digit-al Dozen Does Red, Gold and Green; Day 1


It's Day 1 of the Digit-al Dozen monthly challenge; this month's theme is Red, Gold and Green. This is the mani I came up with.



Started with a base of three coats of Layla Special Effects 02.




I really wanted the stamping I was going to be adding to stand out so decided to matte this; added a layer of OPI matte.




Stamped using Sally Hansen Insta-dri Jumpin' Jade using images from W232 (wreath), Sugar Bubbles special 02 (tree), Sugar Bubbles special 01 (ornaments), Chez Xmas 001 (mistletoe) and MoYou Festive Collection-03 (string of lights).




Added assortment of
glitters by fishing them out from polishes, mainly from KBShimmer Kringle all the Way.






A quick look at MoYou Festive Collection-03.






Added topcoat to finish.





This mani is doing double duty; my weekend was too busy with my DD's birthday and other holiday related items that I didn't get a change to do something specific for the Nail Polish Canada week 2 contest so it's my entry for this week.  Here's all the entries if you want to check them out and vote for your favourite!




Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

  1. This looks so great! Especially the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those festive designs and your added detail

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I need some coloured Insta Dry polishes for stamping! The green looks amazing over the gold base :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Your mani is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These stamps are beautiful! I really need to get some SH Instadry polishes for stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this mani. Simply beautiful. Jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmygosh, that gold! Love what you did here :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning polishes and I really like all the accents you added to make them even more festive ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love these, and adore that you had light-shaped gemstones for the ring finger!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh so good! I can't believe how many elements you thought to use and they all work so wonderfully together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! Especially the cute little gems you used for the light bulbs - GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh I really love this! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so fun and festive and gorgeous! That wreath and tree! I also fished out some glitters for stamping this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that gold nail polish and the stamping is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your stamping is OUT OF THIS WORLD! I am totally loving this mani and loving the glitter placement. It's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these images, especially the tree and ornaments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That base polish is STUNNING! And I love all the extra details you added, really gives it some depth and puts it over the top into "super extra amazing" territory :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just wanted to give you a heads up that your nail art picture was stolen and used on this facebook page without giving you credit... https://www.facebook.com/nailartcommunity/photos/a.357887004293076.86345.350128951735548/935372656544505/?type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!