Thursday, December 12, 2013

Digit-al Dozen Does Red, Gold and Green; Day 4

When I did this mani, I was all impressed with myself because I thought I found the ultimate challenge appropriate polish......a green base with red, green and gold glitter!  Perfect for the challenge!  So off I did my nails.  Howeverrrrrr, it wasn't until I uploaded these pix I see the blue glitter......making it not as perfect as I thought. While it's still OK I suppose (and will have to do as I have nothing else to post in it's place!) , I was a little disappointed in myself as I was trying to stay true to the scheme of the challenge.   Anyway, here's what I came up with (just pretend you don't see blue glitter!)



Started with a base of three coats of Dare2Wear Mood Polish, Night Stars 2 White Cloud.  I have no idea if in fact this does change and surmise it won't as it's so old.  I've been wearing it for a while now and haven't noticed anything .but if I do notice it changing while I'm wearing it, I will update the post!





It dries on the matte side, so added a layer of topcoat.



This is a fairly busy base, so wanted some simple stamping.  Decided upon Cheeky Jumbo 6 Happy Holidays, using CND Gold Chrome.



I was a little annoyed as the mis-stamping of the star on every finger so decided to add random red star glitters.  No fishing for glitter this time as I happen to have a little pack of loose stars...yeah me!  So much easier than fishing glitter out of a polish.  I initially was going to add a red star to each tree top, which I did do on the thumb which was the first finger I did, but it was far too busy for my liking.  So for the rest of them, I just placed on the flawed star image.



Topped with SV to finish.




I'm on the fence if this is funky cool or if I overdid it with the red star glitter.  It's not as garish in real life as you can pretty much only see the gold and red glitter in the base but I don't know....

Anyway, here's the other ladies Day 4 mani's!




Thanks for looking!



15 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! I love the base even if it does have a little blue. I actually didn't even notice the blue until you pointed it out. I also love the red stars. Total win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, I love the base, really makes the gold pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, I love this stamp. I would love to one day play in your stamp collection. I'm sure it'd be hard to decide what to put on my nails first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I have a hard time picking out images. Usually takes me longer to pick out images than it does to do my nails! About two weeks ago, I went through all my plates and picked out all the ones that have holiday images and set them aside so I only have to look through them when I know that I'm looking for JUST a holiday image. I know I'm not the only one who says its harder to pick an image the more plates you have!

      Delete
  4. Sooooo cool!
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it's too busy with the single red stars-- in fact, I find they really add something to the mani. And I LOVE that base polish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That base polish is perfect and I love the detail of the red stars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This mani is awesome, I love the added stars to the trees <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! The depth the glitter gives is lovely! I love your ability to be able to pick out a glitter base and stamp that work together, I just can't do that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blue glitter? I see no blue glitter! Seriously, I love this mani - so festive! And just so you don't feel lonesome, lately I've been picking a lot of circle glitter out of KBShimmer Strung Out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this base color! It reminds me of a Christmas tree with lights on it, so wonderful. I think this is definitely funky cool and not too overdone :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't notice the blue in the base till you pointed it out. Maybe it is just the way the light hits the green glitter? This is a beautiful manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this particular tree stamp and have yet to use it!! Most remedy that shortly! I think this is funky cool! So all is good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!