Saturday, December 7, 2013

Out of Africa!


I just found out about MoYou's pinterest contest a couple days ago and did a mani that night to enter. My entry with this mani is here if you have pinterest and would like to pin/share (the contest is based on a point basis; two points for every share and one point for every like; I had already added a few other entries on the board too of past mani's too); the MoYou board is here if you would like to check out and pin/like your favourites from the other entries.....there are lots of incredible entries if you want to browse the board for mani ideas! 

Started with a base of two coats of China Glaze Happy Go Lucky.  No topcoat as I waited for it to dry as I knew I would be sponging.

Sponged Sinful Colors Citrine.  In the interest of time and because I knew I was sponging again, I didn't do cleanup, sorry!

Sponged on Duri Taming of the Shrew; this is before cleanup.

After cleanup!  Waited for it to dry a bit for stamping (although I could have top coated and stamped it right away but liked the texture look).

Stamped using black Konad special polish using MoYou Explorer Collection 10.

Then fixed up the bottom a little!

Added a sun using a big dotter and then just expanded it a little to make it a little bit bigger, using yellow Konad special polish.  I really like how it looked right here; very simple but effective. But decided to add a few birds from the same plate to finish.

Added a few more birds using the same plate.  That big dot of yellow polish for the sun took a while to dry (you can tell from the pix below that it looks like a big blob!) so had to wait a bit longer before stamping it.

Finally was able to add the birds over the sun on the ring ringer once the big yellow dot had dried (the pix below is the mani I used for the contest).

While I really like how this looked, I have a need to topcoat everything so added a layer of SV to finish.

Hope you're having a great weekend......and thanks for looking!


14 comments:

  1. omg, this is so amazing! Feels like summmer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooooove it !!! And I am definitely going to buy that plate !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So vivid and real - very, very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome <3
    i'd love to get my hands on this plate :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is stunning! good luck in the contest x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome-but it looks like a HUGE mess to cleanup!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe! This is so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to get some moyou plates! they are so awesome... first i was scared about full plates but you can do so many things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just posted a manicure inspired (heavily) by yours. I've linked back to you as well. If you would like to check it out, it's at http://thepolishedrunner.wordpress.com/2014/12/06/two-designs-this-week-wheat-and-africa/ Thanks for the awesome inspiration from a fellow Canuck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!