Thursday, January 16, 2014

Digit-al Dozen Does Monochrome; Day 4


Have you been enjoying DD Monochrome week?  It always amazes me how creative the ladies can be when doing the themed challenge mani's (or anytime, to be honest!!)!  It's hard to believe it's nearing the end of the challenges but here we are on Day 4 already! Black and white fit the theme of monochrome; this is a quick mani I came up with last night.  


For this mani, did two coats of OPI 4 in the Morning, which is part of the Gwen Stefani collex.  No topcoat. In hindsight, I could have probably passed on this as it's not terribly unique and similar results can easily be achieved with other black polish and matte coats.  

 

I was trying to mimic chalkboard nails, so purposely didn't want a bold, bright white stamping polish as usually chalk on a chalkboard isn't stark white but kind of faded and chalky looking.  So used Mash white for stamping.  Stamped with assortment of plates; VL017 (thumb and index), Apipila 03 (ring), BM-H23 (pinky) and MoYou Princess Collection-12 (middle).  


Here's a closer look at a few of the plates used.

VL 017

BM-H23

MoYou Princess Collection 12





I didn't topcoat this mani even thought I usually have a need to top all mani's....just wasn't in to it at all and didn't want to waste the topcoat!  I finished around 2 am last night and took it off this morning only after it being on my nails a short 6.5 hours.



Please remember that the Digit-al Dozen is currently running an absolutely fantastic giveaway with hundreds of dollars in prizes.  If you haven't entered yet, please do so here!

Here's the other ladies Day 4 mani's!


Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. So awesome! I wanted to get that VL plate but didn't and now I kicking myself. This is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like this! I'm sorry you weren't feeling it, but I think it gives the chalkboard effect really well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fun! Great use of the new matte black OPI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're heading back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One step matte black is a timesaver, though, so might be worth it for that reason alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would have preferred this shiny-but then again, I'm not a matte girl-I'm weird like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!