Sunday, January 19, 2014

Digit-al Dozen Does Monochrome; Day 5


I'm a little behind in posting DD's Day 5 challenge because I decided to do an unplanned cross border trip to USA yesterday afternoon when it seemed like there was a break of good weather, so a day late in getting the post up. I hope this mani is challenge appropriate but my thought was that brown, gold and copper are in the same family making this theme appropriate!  If not, I apologize to the ladies in the group for breaking the rules, but this is what I'm going with for the Day 5 post.  (While I posted 5 monochrome mani's, I probably have another 5 that did that didn't get posted but may show up some day!) Anyway, here's what I came up with....I love it a lot which is very odd for me because brown is not one of my favourite colours!



Started with a base of one coat of Revlon Brilliant Radiance Dominate; no topcoat.



Added one fairly liberal coat of Shimmer Crystal; the pix below is without top coat. Shimmer Crystal** is loaded with an assortment of brown and copper glitters; I see a few other colours like teal too. I've used a few of these Shimmer Polishes now and what I'm loving about them is how easy they cover and their versatility!  You can layer them over a complimentary base (or a contrasting base too!) and use a thin coat for some glitter interest, or a fairly liberal coat like I have, yet the base polish shows through.  The glitter is also dense enough that with two coats, there is sufficient glitter coverage that no base coat is needed if you are wanting to do a glitter bomb.  Regardless how you wear them, you can't go wrong!






Added one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food, then topped with SV.





It's always a challenge coming up with an image to stamp on top of glitters; one that is interesting enough on the nails, but let's the beauty of the base polish and glitter shine through.  I ultimately decided upon using an image from Lily Anna 10, stamped with CND Gold Chrome.



Topped with SV to finish.



I took this pix outside shortly after finishing my nails...love this pix!


The next day, I decided to matte the mani, so added two layers of OPI Matte top coat.



This concludes monochrome week! As always, it was a challenge, but I think the ladies nailed it! Here's the other ladies fabulous Day 5 mani's!


Hope you are having a fantastic weekend....thanks for looking!

**item received for review; please see disclosure policy for more information

6 comments:

  1. the design is amazing! :D it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! I need to make something similar, thank you for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty and I think you have chosen the stamp perfectly, its complex enough to be worth it but still shows an adequate amount of there beautiful polish under to be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love these! Especially matte! The stamping really adds to the mani, it really takes it to the next level! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!