Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Kissmas!

How about some fun holiday nails!  Well, aren't they all fun?  I was wanting to do something a little different rather than the traditional Christmas nails, plus try out a couple newly received polishes...just seems there's not enough time nor nails to use them all!  So when I was browsing through my holiday plates and seen an image from Bunny Nails HD-I, I thought, how cute; let's see what I can do with it using a few holiday polishes I wanted to try. This is what I came up with!


Started with skittles; polishes used starting at thumb and going clockwise are Smitten Polish Nose So Bright, Aly's Dream Polish Pale Yellow Olive, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Smitten Polish Between the Baubles and Nubar Green Tea.  Top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped using Chez Xmas 001 (holly on middle), Chez Divers 003 (thumb), fauxnad D (couple on middle), HD-1 (index and ring).  Stamping polishes used were black and white Konad special polishes and Mundo de Unas 9 (red) and 48 (green).  Added glitter on pinky using sponge method using ILoveNP Christmas in Bordeaux.  (I will point out that I had swatched it before I applied the polish because I wanted to see density and shapes of glitter better; my bottle had colour bleed and the base was tinged green.  I'm glad I had swatched it because I had planned on applying over white so see colour pop best.  When I seen the base tint change, had to come up with a complimentary holiday colour that would hide the bleed.  Too bad, it would be a great polish over white!) 


For some colour interest, filled in the leaves on the ring finger with Mundo de Unas 48 and dotted berries.


Top coated all nails except thumb to finish.  Even though I had top coated Smitten Polish Nose So Bright before stamping, the colour was starting to bleed through the white.  I knew it was going to change the white stamping polish even more if I top coated the thumb, so left as is.  I would have liked the stripes to be a nice, bright white for contrast but better than hot pink which was the colour on my right hand which I top coated. Next time if I'm going to do white stamping on it, I'll (hopefully) remember to topcoat several layers; or have to use a less pigmented polish.


None the less, I liked how this turned out; something a little different than has been on my nails lately! 

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!