Saturday, April 16, 2016

Digit-al Dozen Does Gradient - Day 5

It's Day 5 of Digit-al Dozen gradient week challenge!  All of my mani's all week have been pink or purple or pink and purple and today, I have good reason for wearing them both again as this Day 5 mani is doing double duty for 40 Great Nail Art Ideas as this weeks theme for it is pink and purple; I had added prompt of reciprocal gradient.  Here's what I came up with!


My very first task was to see what pink and purple polishes and stamping polishes were a match or pretty close anyway for the reciprocal part of the challenge as I knew I wouldn't be doing a reciprocal gradient with striping tape.  So I picked out a few pinks and purples and went from there.  This actually was one of the longest processes for this mani.


For the pink, I went with Nvr Enuff Pink Sprinkles; this is two coats, no top coat shown below.  It was an added bonus that there was some purple shimmer in there!


Did a sponged gradient using piCture pOlish Wisteria.  In hindsight when I was done, I wish I had have sponged about half the nail as it would have evened out the reciprocal gradient a little bit more, but didn't think of it at the time.


Added coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.


For the reciprocal gradient, using an MdU 16 and MoYou Pink! which matched the base polishes pretty good.  The images are from MoYou Holy Shapes Collection-07 on all fingers except the larger image from MoYou Holy Shapes Collection-08 was used on the thumb.  The stamper was the DRK XL which helped with lining up pretty good and because its not overly squishy, the lines stamped pretty straight except on the index and its only visible in the close up so overall, happy with how these lines stamped on.


Finished with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.


Here's the other ladies Day 5 manis!  


An InLinkz Link-up

Here's the 40 Great Nail Art Ideas pink and lilac mani's!



Hopefully you've enjoyed all these gradients!  Right now, it's one of my favourite type of bases for stamping as it adds a little base interest so I have quite a few more done and will be sharing at some time!

Thanks for looking!


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!