Friday, April 29, 2016

Under The Sea

Here's a mani that I had originally done for Digit-al Dozen Gradient week so as to not post only pink and/or purple nails.  But when Laurie at Dressed Up Digits did this fabulous under the sea mani, I didn't want to post one too during the same week, so chose to go with the posts I had already uploaded and decided to share this afterwards.  Not that it really mattered; there are occasionally times that the ladies in the group have similar manis or the same theme for challenges and its all good; it was just my personal choice to wait and I had lots of other challenge appropriate mani's to share anyway!


Started with a base of Nvr Enuff Proto; this is two coats, no topcoat, except middle which I nicked during cleanup and it has a third coat to cover.


Added a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC before stamping.


As I was doing this mani for the DD gradient theme, did a stamped gradient using MoYou Beach House, MdU 3 and MdU 30 using an image from Sugar Bubbles SB 038.  I didn't stamp the accent as the plan was to paint round nail studs in the same three colours then put them on the accent.  But anyone who has ever painted nail studs knows how finicky this is; when I went to pick them up to adhere, they weren't dry and it went downhill from there, so I just abandoned the idea. (I still like the idea of painting nail studs to match your mani polish but still need to come up with a way to do this easily.  If anyone has any ideas, please share!)


Sugar Bubbles SB 038


So stamped the accent nail as well using same polishes and design.


Topped with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.  And I did think this was the end of the mani until I thought.....hmmm, this might be a good base for some double stamping and as this is water, some fish might be the way to go.

So using an image from Chez Delaney Marin A001 and Funky Fingers Gesso, added some under water interest.  I originally tried to stamp with a clear stamper to try to added more fish here and there but no clear stamper would cooperate, so ended up using traditional one.  



Chez Delaney Marin A001






Finished it off with a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.



I've been super busy at work this week; I think I've already worked more hours than in a typical work week and am typing this post before heading into work Friday morning.....so haven't done my 40 Great Nail Art Idea challenge nails yet but hopefully will get a chance to do them soon.

Thanks for looking!



1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!