Thursday, November 11, 2021

Lest We Forget


Lest We Forget.

It's Remembrance Day here in Canada; the day we honour those who fought for our freedoms and those who continue to serve so we can continue with the freedoms we enjoy today.  

This is the 12th year that I'll be sharing Remembrance Day nails; I try to do at least one mani every year as the day holds great meaning to me.  I think of what my grandfather must have gone through fighting in WWII and am thankful that he made it home.  Quite frankly, I wouldn't be here if he didn't as my father was born after he returned being one of those families who had pre and post war babies, with my dad being a post war baby.  But I am more thankful that him and others risked their lives or unfortunately lost their life so we can have the freedoms we experience today.  Our world could be a whole lot different if they hadn't fought for our freedoms so we thank them and remember them as well as those who continue to serve.  We should be thanking them everyday, not just one day a year, quite frankly.


Started with a base of two coats of Different Dimension Everything I Brew, I Brew It For You.  First, I thought this was gray, only to discover when I found the gray from this collection after I finished these nails, that in fact, this is a pale blue.  Second, I had to laugh when I read the name; all I could think of was the Bryan Adams song as it was one of the significant dance songs with my husband at our wedding so many years ago and it made me think of that.  

Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.

Stamped with images from Clear Jelly Stamper CJS H-026 using Konad Red and Painted Polish Midnight Mischief, then topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  I thought this was going to be the final mani but decided to do a little more.


After making stamper decals using Wistonia W-04 using Painted Polish Midnight Mischief and filling in with Colors By Llarowe Sweet Beginnings, applied sticky base coat, then applied the decals on the nails directly from the stamper.



I added a bit of the CbL on the middle finger to had a glint of holo on those poppies and touched up the words on the middle finger (wished my lettering skills with a brush were better!), then topped with a final coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Lest We Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!