This is what I came up with for Day 5 of Digit-al Dozen week with the theme of new and improved although I'm a couple days late in sharing. I did another new to me technique; being the dental floss method; here's what I came up with!
Started with a base of OPI Boyfriend Scales Walls; two coats then top coated (no pix as have shared before). For the dental floss method, you use these dental floss picks.
I brushed paint across the floss and then you place it horizontally on your nail.
This is what I ended up which is a total fail for the method as it is suppose to be crisp, clean lines. But what I got instead was blurs of lines. Every time I put the dental floss down on the nail, it kinda skidded and did this blur thing. I think it might have been because of the top coat making it too slick but not sure. Also, my dental floss had some play and wasn't a tight string and I think that also stopped it from making crisp lines.
I didn't mind this end result though; it reminded me of an abstract water colour or something. This was sky and trees for my airplane base. Polishes used are Nicole by OPI Blue Baby, SpaRitual Circle of Life, Kit Teal Tango, piCture pOlish Sky, Essence The Green and the Grunge and Maybelline Go Go Green.
Top coated with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.
I made a stamper decal using Messy Mansion MM35.
I had this big stamper that I got from Messy Mansion; its really the only stamper that I have that is big enough to stamp this image but unfortunately, it doesn't work that well which is why Messy Mansion was including them free with orders.
This was the stamped image. I attempted to make a stamper decal by topping with Sally Hansen Hard as Nails; however, I couldn't get the image off the stamper at all.
Then I made a decal on the UberChic mat.
I cut the decal into sections so it could fit on the nails, then applied them.
I also made a stamper decal using Chez Delaney Back to the 50'x 001 and applied it to the thumb.
Finished by adding a coat of OPI matte. (I just looked at this and realized the ring finger image is upside down; I couldn't figure out why the plan propellers don't match up then seen the wheel in the air! On the pix above, it is upside down too and should have been flipped. Doh!)
As challenging as this week has been, it has been interesting using all the new to me techniques; when I was commenting on the other ladies manis, I also realized there are oh, so many more techniques I have not yet tried. Hopefully, I'll go out of my comfort zone and try even more of these techniques at some time.
Here's the other ladies Day 5 mani's.
This mani is also doing double duty for the things that fly theme for 40 Great Nail Art ideas; here's the other ladies nails!
Thanks for looking!