Thursday, August 25, 2016

Happy Birthday Nails!

What I've been wearing today!  I've had such a hectic day, its the last hour of the day until my birthday is over but hopefully this post will be up before the day is over! 


Started with a base of two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls then top coated with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.


Did a saran wrap smoosh for accents using American Apparel Lazuli, Crescent Heights and American Denim.


Topped with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.


I made a few stamper decals using MoYou Happy Birthday Collection-02, filling in with acrylic paints.


MoYou Happy Birthday Collection-02



Applied four of the decals.


Then stamped the thumb with the confetti from MoYou Christmas Collection-05 using MdU polishes in what I hoped was close to the acrylics that I used for the stamper decals.


MoYou Christmas Collection-05



Stamped in Happy Birthday on the thumb using an image from MoYou Happy Birthday-01 after shrinking the image.  But I had to do it sideways to get Birthday to fit as my nails aren't wide enough for the image even when shrunk.  Had I realized I was going to do have to stamp sideways, I would have placed the words separately to at least even out the words and not cut out half of the H.  Added 'me' using Nailways Back to Basics 123 ABC.



Added a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.


It was looking a little bare so added a few random dots for filler and to make it more me!





Added a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.


Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes via texts, messages, FB posts and IG comments!

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. These are so fun!! Happy (belated) Birthday to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this design. Your nails inspire me on making a new design. I always look for some ideas on http://nailartstyle.com/top-35-round-acrylic-nails and on some blogs. By the way where did you get this plates?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are stunning & happy belated birthday. I hope you had a good one.
    I love how retro and child party like these were, reminded me of birthdays from my past

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work as always! Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!