Thursday, April 12, 2018

Digit-al Dozen Does Indie Love; Day 4

For Day 4 of Digit-al Dozen indie love theme, I'm sharing a few indie products; indie stamping plates and indie stamping polishes.  Nails are blue again as I'm only sharing blue mani's for the month of April for Autism Awareness month.  Here's what I came up with!


This was my first foray using the gradient image on Lina Make Your Mark 03.  Not very successful but I always share the good with the bad.  This is a gradient using MoYou Beach House and MoYou Deep Ocean.  This is a big fail to me; to be honest, I can't even say I've mastered (or even gotten better) at the stamping gradient as any gradients I've done since this (and this is almost a year old), I've just done the more traditional way using a sponge.  I would love that this would work better for me, or even with the fan brush as it would make gradients so much faster, but I honestly have never tried it since.  


Topped with a layer of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


I was thoroughly disgusted with my gradient attempt but as I had already invested my time in doing it, I thought I had better see if I could save it.  So stamped on top of it using another image from Lina Make Your Mark 03 using FunkyFingers Gesso.


This too was a fail as somehow I ended stamping something on my ring finger.  Gaaaa!  So needed to cover THAT up, so stamped using yet another image from Lina Make Your Mark 03 using MoYou Deep Ocean.


While this finally didn't make the nails an utter fail, I thought the nails STILL needed something more.  So stamped for the fourth and final time using an image from Marianne nails n.62 using Moyra SP 05.  I think this is also the first time that I've done a quadruple layered stamped mani (other than when I've stamped single images randomly on nails; then I've probably done 20 or more stamps but this is actually layer on top of layer on top of layer on top of layer. Whew!) 


Topped with a final coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  I do have to say that I really like how this ended up, it was just quite a bit of work getting there.  Just goes to show that with a bit of work, you can save a nail fail lol!


Here's the other ladies Day 4 mani's!




Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!