Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Digit-al Dozen Does Books; Day 2


As I couldn't think of a mani to do with a book that I have read, I got to thinking, what type of books are there?  Comic books came to mind; one of my favourites as a kid were the Archie comic books and my day 2 mani is inspired by them!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Pahlish Sailing the Hispaniola, no top coat.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Applied stamper decals that I had made using FUN 11 (Veronica, Archie and Betty) and MJ XXII (Jughead).  I used regular nail polishes for the filling in and the skin tone was a pretty transparent nude by Essie so unfortunately, it wasn't very opaque and some of the base can be seen under the skin.  I'll have to remember to use something more opaque next time. The thumb lettering is Nailways Back to Basics 123 ABC.


Added dots for filler and interest using same colours as on decals; CND Bicycle Yellow, China Glaze That'll Peach You and FunkyFingers Gesso.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Here's the other day 2 book mani's!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!