Friday, March 8, 2019

Fluid Nail Art Friday with St. Patrick's Day Nails!

Not too long ago, I decided I was going to finally try my hand at some fluid nail art.  I've had the Dance Legend Spot Its for a while now and thanks to my awesome US nail pal, I have all the Sinful Colors Transforming top coat polishes and the Sally Hansen Color Whirl (and even the OPI Spotted Top Coat from a couple years ago) but have never used any of them.  Nope.  That's right, haven't even used them once!  Well, after watching a few fluid art tutorials (stamping and for paint wall art), I sat down and tried out the technique!  Here's what I came up with!


I made my fluid nail art from decals on a plastic lid.  The polishes that I used were OPI Envy The Adventure, OPI Green Come True, China Glaze Gaga For Green, Sally Hansen CSM Slime Scene and Savvy Knightly Armour.  Again, I had watched a few tutorials and especially when viewing Kyong Lee's on YouTube (you can google link), it seemed like you can use quite a bit of polish to make some of the nail decals, so I didn't want to use anything overly HTF or even an indie which might be a little bit more pricier to buy.  Fluid art might be a good way to use up some of the cremes that I have that haven't seen the light of day!  I added the Savvy just because I like the look of a little sparkle in my decals for interest.  For the fluid, I found I had the best results with Dance Legend Spot it; I didn't have very good results with the Sally Hansen Color Whirl.  I didn't try any others as I felt I had enough decals for my nails with what I already had experimented with.  That being said, I did formulate my own 'spotted' mix after watching some paint tutorials as I don't necessarily want black cells, or white, or whatever cell colours I have from Sinful and Dance Legend, I might want to create my own cells!  I've already tried the method (not too successfully I might add, the Dance Legend polishes seem to work the best so far of any I have used) but will share the decals I made at some time!


After applying a base of sticky base to my nails, I cut the decals to somewhat fit my nail, then trimmed and used acetone and brush to remove any excess.   I tried to pick parts of the decal that had the most interest to me, keeping in mind that I still needed a cohesive mani that somewhat matched on all nails.


The leftovers lol.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top for shine and to help adhere the decals.


With the base being green, I knew I wanted to do St. Patrick's Day nails but didn't want to cover up too much of the base because that's the highlight especially after working so hard to make them!  So stamped most nails with image from BM03 on all except accent, which is MoYou Festive 21 using MdU 1.


Topped with a final coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


I initially thought that I'd only wear these for a day or so but I liked how they turned out so much that I think I wore them for 3 or 4 days!  I only removed them because they started to lift but I did enjoy them on my nails while they were on!  Overall, I like the method, I think it makes for an interesting base and hope to do these more often!

Have a great weekend and thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!