Thursday, February 10, 2022

Hearts!


When I sat down to do these nails, I didn't necessarily have Valentine's Day nails in mind; all I knew is I wanted to use the black flakies topper.  But as I had VDay plates beside me, I thought, I can turn this into a VDay mani and so be was; here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of brights; starting at thumb and going clockwise:  Fancy Gloss Imperial, Color Club Blaze, Color Club Peace Out Purple, Color Club Chelsea Girl and Fancy Gloss Mojito.  I didn't realize Mojito was a thermal until I had it on my right hand and it kept on turning neon yellow!  It still worked with this colour scheme and thankfully, my pinky didn't transition (cold hands all the time!)


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.



Topped with Magic Touch by Penelope Luz Los Muertos, no top coat.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped using image from UberChic Love & Marriage 03 using Painted Polish Midnight Mischief.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.



Except I wasn't finished; I noticed some of the hearts, you could see base polish through, so handpainted them to opaque then topped again with top coat.


I also thought this would be a great time to do a matte top coat; really liked how this turned out too.


I think of all the black flakes that I have and I'm thinking, I can stamp this look with an image, why do I buy polishes?  But I do; thankfully, this wasn't that difficult to remove as I didn't put a peel off base on first.  

Also, I love this look with the Color Club Blaze (index) and I do want to do a full mani just with it just as shown.  Maybe next year!

Thanks for looking!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!