Monday, February 27, 2012

I've Got the Blues...

...on my nails, that is!

China Glaze Bahamian Escape was one of the polishes my DD used last weekend when she did her nails....as I was putting it away, I thought why not do a mani in it too? This is what I came up with!



Two coats of Bahamian Escape.



Topped with one fairly thick coat of Island Girl Island Volcano. Island Girl polishes aren't available in my area but I was fortunate enough to receive a few of them from a gal who had visited Las Vegas, who cp'd them for me as part of a swap we worked out. I was really surprised how thick and goopy Island Volcano was...is this normal? I had to add quite a bit of thinner just to make it workable to put on my nails.



But I must have thought the end result was very cool as I took an awful lot of pictures of it!






Stamped with an assortment of plates using white Konad special polish...QA 17 on thumb, QA18 on index, Konad m79 on middle , Konad M79 on pinky and Big SdP F on ring finger.



Added dots in every colour under the rainbow using an assortment of polishes! Lastly, topped with a coat of SV.



When I finished this mani, I thought it looked more appropriate for spring or Easter, but oh well...I can always do something along these lines again if I feel like it then! While I did this mani a few days ago, my current NOTD is also blue...so I guess you'll be seeing another blue mani posted in the next little while!

Hope you had a great weekend...and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the stars and the flower desgin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable!! :D I love that blue! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ring finger especially--those dots really make it sing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE how this turned out. You have yet inspired me again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I esp love the accent finger-with the dots! Looks like eggs with different colored yolks! I love it! Or it looks like flowers too-either way, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!