Wednesday, February 1, 2012

More Layering

I've been experimenting with layering for the last little while. Just here and there, adding a topcoat or some glitter or the like.....no super fantastic layering combinations like I've seen out there on the blogesphere as I'm just not that creative to envision this...but more so, just a little accent to give a little umph to the base polish...and trying to pair it with a stamping image that you can still see the results! Sometimes that's more of a challenge than the layering of the polishes; while I have lots of plates to chose from, my time is sometimes limited to pick out an interesting or appropriate image that will still highlight the polish combinations. Anyway, here's what I came up with last night.



Started with a base of Misa Pay Days are Happy Days; two coats.



Layered with a coat of LA Girl Rock Star Double Platinum. I've been itching to try this polish out; so happy I did! Glitter and Holo = win/win!



Using Big SdP H plate, added french tips using Konad Black special polish and Big SdP N for the full plate accent nail. Both the tip and full plate image of these designs are available filled in or outlined.... I'm sure there's a technical name for this! But it is neat that there are both options for both the french and full plate designs in this design.



Decided to add another image for nail filler; stamped with Konad black special polish using an image from plate XL F.



Topped with SV.



Hope you're having a great week! Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

  1. i love this look! gorgeous stamping

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I am not a fan of glitter so that part is lost me but I love the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicky: Not a fan of glitter? *I can't hear you!*

    But thx for checking it out anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layering! The accent nail is my favorite here--just those hints of glitter peeking out are so enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love every part of this! SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, I love this colour. I need to try stamping with smaller images & mixing and matching. I really like how yours turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I really like the ring finger especially but I think I like it so because it is balanced so well by the other fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! You never cease to amaze me with your creations! I am in awe once again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your stamping ideas... they are the best combinations ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. really fabulous manicure, absolutely adore it :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!