Friday, February 24, 2012

More Dragonflies!

When I was going through my dragonfly phase of mani's not too long ago, I decided to do a gray/charcoal/black combo too....here's what I came up with.



Started with a base of Orly Mirror Mirror, two coats.



One coat of China Glaze Let's Do it in 3D on accent finger.



Stamped! Black Konad special polish using Big SdP M.



I then filled in the dragonfly wings with Let's Do it in 3D.





On the accent finger, I used a darker pink glitter striping polish for some interest in the wings (but unfortunately failed to note which one I used.... I don't think it matters much as its not terribly visible anyway!).



Also added a few random dots using CND Plumville. (This actually reminds me that I want to try to stamp using these CND creme polishes....they are generally one coaters and have some vibrant hues; I'm thinking they'll work well for stamping. I turn to them often for adding dots as they are so well pigmented.)

Another image plate design that is right up my alley right now! Lots of opportunity to see the base colour including layering combinations; then so many possibilities just by changing the base colours, the stamping colour and then adding some cool interest by filling in the wings! And then jazzing it up with a few dots!

Have a great weekend....and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! I collect anything to do with dragonflies...I must have this plate!! I love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to try my hand at stamping. These look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! I love the detail, and then the reverse colour on the ring nail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Even I keep searchin for full stamping where the base also shows.. this is soo perfect for that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!