Thursday, October 18, 2018

Digit-al Dozen Does TV Shows; Day 4

Do these 70's vibe nails give you a hint of the TV show they are inspired by?  One of my favourite shows, maybe because it was the era that I grew up in.  Based upon That 70's Show, these are my day 4 tv show nails!


Started with a base of two coats of Girly Bits Sample 041217.  I can't quite remember if I got this at Indie Expo Canada or if it was part of the mystery trios that are sold online on the GB estore but one or the other, I ended up with it!  Love, love, love it; such a perfect fall/Halloween colour!


For those who may want to know, I compared it to Girly Bits Funky Town as I happen to have it as well. Not the same by any means. Every so slightly different base and colour base, Funky Town has way more holographic glitter and there are different glitters, maybe even flakies in the sample bottle.  I wanted to compare the sample with other brands; some that come to me off the top of my head are Picture Polish Autumn, SpaRitual Kindness, but I forgot.  Another time perhaps!  Regardless, I really love this sample!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped some stripes using image from Lina Born to Sail 01 using MdU 106 and Painted Polish Stamped in Sweet Potato.


Stamped accent nails with image from Lina 4 Season-Spring 01 using MdU 106.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  For what I thought was the finish but it wasn't!


Decided to stamp on ring and middle using same image from Lina 4 Seasons-Spring 02 using Painted Polish Stamped in Sweet Potato.  It didn't quite have the coverage that I would have liked.


So shadow stamped those nails and then them all using MdU 2.


Added dots to flower centers using MdU 106 (because you know how I like my busy nails!)


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to (really) finish.


I really love these nails!  The colours might be a little unusual and they are busy but funky cool for sure! And maybe the real reason behind why I love them is I recall my parents having an accent wall in their dining room that had almond and terra cotta coloured striped walls and then they took dark and lighter daisies from a roll of border that looked similar to these and cut them to make decals then pasted them on the stripes and these nails bring me back to that time in my life!  But who knows, it could be because I like the funky groovy look of the 70's!  Anyway, DD week ended a week ago and I feel I'm too far behind to finish so I'm going to bow out of my day 5 mani; kinda disappointing as I had one, if not more cool nail designs planned that were inspired by TV shows, but that isn't to say they can't be shared another time!

Here's the other ladies day 4 nails!



Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!