Thursday, October 4, 2018

Yet More Fall Leaves!

I've been having a lot of fun with fall mani's this year; I've posted 4 fall mani's already and have maybeeee another six mani's that I haven't posted yet.  At the rate I'm going, I'll still be sharing fall nails in the new year, so I'm going to try to speed up the posting of them if my time permits.  Other than that, I'll still be sharing fall nails in January, or February or next fall, who knows!  Anyway, this is my absolute favourite fall mani that I've done this year although, I do have to say that overall, I'm pretty happy how all my fall nails have turned out.  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats OPI Fearlessly Alice, no top coat.


Topped with a coat of Girly Bits Unicornucopia which was one of the the Girly Bits August 2018 PotM.


For those who keep track of these things, OPI Fearlessly Alice did stain my nails ever so slightly; I wish I had have thought of the possibility before I did my nails so I could have added an extra coat of base; there were no application or removal issues with GirlyBits Unicornucopia.

Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped using an image from Lina 4 Seasons-Autumn 02 using MdU 11, 53, 59 and 66.


Eeep, I can do a thing!  I've never done this before although other bloggers have been doing it for ages but my resistance to technology puts me behind on some things including this.  But thanks to a simple app on my phone, I can highlight what images I've used for easy reference (that is should anyone care lol).  


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


The base is one that begs for matte top coat to be added as it accentuates the flakies and glitter when matte top coated so finished with a coat of My Indie Polish My Perfect Matte.  Look at those flakies!


If you are wondering why I chose to wear undies with the stunning Girly Bits Unicornucopia, it is because 1) I've been layering more often just to see the outcome and 2) when I tested it layered as shown here or two coats on its own, it was a brighter/lighter base with the undies which I think complimented the stamping better, at least for the look I was going for.  It was pretty nice without undies and on it's own too, this is just how I chose to share it!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful manicure, it perfectly captures those endlessly deep clear autumn skies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful for fall! I really love how these ended up looking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!