Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Deer in the Forest

Ok.  I have to admit I was a noob and did these nails because I thought our last Digit-al Dozen challenge was wood/copper, not wool/copper.  So this was a mani that I did in preparation of the challenge.  Then I needed some more mani inspiration, so googled 7 year anniversary gifts and it kept on saying wool/copper, etc. and when I checked back on our master list of event challenges, in fact it was wool.  Not wood.  To make matters worse, I had set the group FB calendar for the challenge and put wood/copper and if anyone else in the group followed that calendar heading, they might have done a wood mani too.  Thankfully, no one else did and apparently I was the only noob.  

Not to let a mani go to waste, I'm going to share it now anyway!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a sponged gradient of Fancy Gloss Galaxy Orchid, Imperial and Iris.  Note to self:  in the future, check to see if you are using a thermal polish in your gradient.  I guess I was lucky that my hands are usually cold or the gradient could have turned out a while lot different!


Topped with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped using an image from Stampaholic 7 using Painted Polish Midnight Mischief.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


I thought it might look cool with a matte top coat so added a coat of Glisten & Glow matte.



Thanks for looking!

P.S.:  In the interest of full disclosure, my nails are a mess right now so I have edited out (as best I can, which isn't very good!) some ouchies on my cuticles.  Yes, they hurt as bad as they look!  I wanted to participate in the challenge (as I did these for DD challenge last week) and didn't have enough mani's to use for the challenge done in advance so had to do my nails as they are.  So sorry you have to look at them!  Just look at the nail art, not the hands lol!






2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!