Sunday, April 16, 2023

Simple Nails

I don't wear green very often until I'm sharing St. Patrick's Day nails, or as an accent nail for a holiday, but was looking for something a little different one day and came up with these!


Started with a base of two coats of Ceram Sea, no top coat.


Topped with a coat of Polished for Days Fire Rainbow (PPU August 2020 and one of my favourite toppers!)


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Topo.



Stamped using an image from Lily Anna 13 using Painted Polish Blanc Slate.


Topped using KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  Here's where things go wrong.  Top coat smear is in full effect here.  This mani was from July 2021 and sometimes you get top coat smear even if you wait a few minutes to top coat and even if you (think you are) floating your top coat.  Thankfully, there's a few products out there that help out with top coat smear.  My favourite is the Apipilia one, which I've been using for a while so I don't have issue with this anymore.  The only thing that sometimes happens is issues with dots; sometimes they migrate a little and haven't figured out why but I've been letting them dry a bit longer so try to combat the issue  But otherwise, no issues at all.


If you're looking for Apipila no smear top coat, the only place I've seen it lately is Hella
Handmade Creations.  And a further tip; watch size and price.  Sometimes, the smaller size (I think 7.5ml?) is sold but its for close to the same price at the 15 ml, so just watch.  I haven't seen the smaller size for sale the last few offerings but did got a shock once when I ordered it to see the bottles were smaller so be cautious.  I'm sure it was on the listing wherever it was that I had bought them but I never knew a smaller size existed and no one sells half size bottles at these buys so ya, I was surprised so watch the listing if you are looking to buy.  I have a lifetime supply (I hope) but I always buy a couple bottles whenever I see it as I have a fear of it no longer being available and my fear that I'll have none.  I do have Nfu water based, Picture Polish and Moyra ones, maybe a couple others, but I like the Apipilia as I know it works well for me.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!