Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Flakies

This mani was from last week when the weather in my area was kinda dreary and I was sporting some darker polishes.




Here's mani in progress. Started with two coats of Color Club Gossip Column.

Added one coat of Golden Rose No. 14. I received this from an awesome swap pal from the Netherlands. Here's a bottle view in case it's a polish you're not familiar with.




This was taken in artificial light.



I wore the mani like this until the next day. After work, I decided to matte it. But before I did, I took a picture in the natural light (and touched up my tips using Gossip Column as I had a bit of shrinkage). This is natural daylight, overcast skies as no sun was around for about 4 days!




Then I matted the mani using Essie Matte About You. This is one coat.



While I was looking at my nails, I thought, hmmm, Nicole by OPI Top of My World has blue sparkle in it....I wonder how it will change up the mani? So I added one coat of it.



The difference was subtle and I decided I liked it better matted, so again, added one coat of Essie Matte About You. There is a slight difference in the look due to the added glitter from Top of My World (which, by the way, is part of my recent giveaway here) but just slight.



It's not too often I don't stamp a mani....while I thought some type of peacock or sea-themed stamping would be cool, I left it like this. There's always next time to add some stamping!


Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe I've never layered like I've seen layering done recently. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fashion Footing: I've just recently started experimenting with layering myself. Have fun experimenting...some of the results are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that flakie polish is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these colors! I've seen the Golden Rose flakies online, and I'd love to get my hands on some.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!