Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Digit-al Dozen Does Vintage; Day 3

There's been a few of the Dozener's (as we were affectionately called by Bee Polished in her post here) do vintage roses for this weeks challenge, so I thought I would do my take on vintage roses too.  I have no freehand skill to speak of so of course turned to stamping to create the look; here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of one coat of American Apparel The Valley then topped with SV.  Unfortunately, this pix isn't the best for a few reasons; I was under some time restraints when I set down to do this mani and I allowed myself an hour start to finish before I left for work this morning.  One coat had pretty good coverage and I knew I'd be stamping quite a bit on top of it so left at once coat and topped with SV. I'm not entirely sure if it was because the polish was fairly thick, or the SV too thick, or not waiting enough time for the base to dry a little bit more before applying SV, but one way or another, my base kind of bunched up and slid down my nails a little creating thin spots in some areas and pools of polish at the sides.  You won't see a thumb in this pix because my attempt to remove a little random fibre resulted in nicking both the thumb on this hand and the middle on my right.  Because I was strapped for time, I just removed the area a bit with a brush, reapplied polish and SV again but it really isn't a good finger to show, especially for a polish swatch. Anyway, this polish is really so much nicer than my pix in my haste show!


I waited a few minutes, even putting my hands under a dryer, to get the polish and topcoat to dry before stamping.  Then added stripes using Apipila P.11 using white Konad special polish.



I did a very quick cleanup for this pix because I was keeping mind of the time; you can see my thumb isn't the best in this pix too. At this point, because the stripe didn't cover the misapplied polish on the thumb, I was hoping at least the next layer of stamping did!

Stamped using CICI & SISI 11 using Mundo de Unas stamping polishes in colours 20 and 37. I was glad to see that the roses covered the missed polish on the thumb! 


Here's a closer look at CICI & SISI 11.
Apipila P.11
 Topped with SV to finish.


Here's the other ladies Day 3 mani's!




Hope you've enjoyed Vintage Week so far.......thanks for looking!


12 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!