Sunday, February 23, 2014

Olympic Nails!

I've had the plates set aside to do an Olympic mani since the beginning of February but here it is, the games are almost over before I finally got around to doing a mani as I just did these Thursday night.  Here's what I came up with.


Started off with a base of skittles in the Olympic colours; Essie Avenue Maintain, China Glaze Happy Go Lucky, Sally Hansen Black Out, Orly Raging Vine and Duri Taming of the Shrew, all two coats except the Essie which is one.  Topped with SV.


Stamped using assortment of images from following plates; MJ XI (snowboarder on thumb), MJ XVIII (hockey skates on thumbs), WB08-04 (figure skater on thumb), SdP 101 (speed skater on thumb), MJ XXIV test (images on ring finger), MoYou N10 (rings on index), MM13 (buildings on index), W219 (pinky)and MJ VII (flame on middle).  Polishes used were black Konad special polish and assortment of Mundo de Unas polishes.


The flames on the Olympic torch weren't as bright as I hoped, so hand stripped in some flames.  Added a few dots on the thumb in the same colours.


Wistonia W219

Messy Mansion MM13

MoYou N10

MJ XXIV Test plate





Nail Art Diva WB08-04

SdP 101

Topped with SV to finish.


I'm hoping to do a couple more Olympic mani's before the games end including a "GO Team Canada" for the men's hockey game in the morning!  

Thanks for looking!


11 comments:

  1. You are really an artist! I love this olimpic nail art!
    Timeless Mode

    ReplyDelete
  2. To all those who say stamping isn't nail art, they need to see your mani. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy wow where can I find that huge stamping plate and can I find it with Sabres or Panthers images?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any chance you'd be willing to sell the MJ XXIV plate? It has a few images mine does not. If not I'd understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those look awesome!

    how did you end up with an MJ test plate?! are those sold during like a testing phase or ...? (not that i'm totally desperately looking for a pens stamp or anything)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!