Saturday, February 8, 2014

Funky Valentine's Day Nails

This is another one of those nontraditional themed mani's I like to do every so often; a Valentine's Day mani that's a little on the different side!


I wanted a mani with bright, bold colours and all random.  After applying one coat of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, sponged using an assortment of colours.  Polishes used were China Glaze Happy Go Lucky (yellow), Sally Hansen Insta-dri Heat Flash (orange), China Glaze Starboard (green), Icing Fifi (pink) and Essie Avenue Maintain (blue).  The sponging didn't turn out as bold and bright as I was looking for but didn't mind it never the less.


Stamped using FUN black stamping polish using Cheeky Jumbo 6, Happy Holidays.  


This is a lot of black to clean up...which is why I used FUN stamping polish for the mani versus the harder to clean up Konad.  This is a pix after clean up!  


Topped with SV to finish.


I did skittles in the same colours on my other hand but no sponging...I actually really liked how it turned out too!  It had more of the bright, boldness I was looking for...but wasn't too thrilled with my recent nail break on the middle finger and the subsequent shortening of the rest a bit to somewhat match...it's growing out slowly, but surely!  Yes, I walk around with mismatching nails and nail lengths....all the time in fact!


Have a fantastic weekend....thanks for looking!


14 comments:

  1. this looks fun in both ways on both hands... i also have mismatch nails and mismatch manis. But your looks almost same :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so bold and such a great change from the regular V-Day mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I typically love bold brights but I am digging the sponged ones! Super nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THIS!! That stamp is amazing! And the colors are fabulous of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving all your Valentine's day manicures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me encantannn!! son geniales y muy originales!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the stamping over the sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!! Girl...that is SO much black to clean up! I cant even stamp black without putting some glue around my nails or its my biggest nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!