Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day Proposal

I was contacted by Brilliant Earth and was asked if I'd be interesting in doing a mani using the them of love for an upcoming Create a Little Love feature; thought it would be fun idea so agreed!  When sitting down to do the mani, I thought would be more appropriate for the theme than a romantic Valentine's Day proposal?  Here's what I came up with!



Started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales walls on three fingers; Duri Taming of the Shrew on pinky. (I can't recall the pink polish but I know it was a CND; will update later!).  After the white base had dried, did sponging on the same three fingers with the same red and pink accent colours.  Polish on the thumb wasn't the best but at this point, I wasn't worried; it worried as I had premade a stamper decal for it!



Added stamper decal on the thumb from an image on Infinity 07, and stamped using assortment of other image plates; MM03 (pinky), MoYou Landscape-01 (index and middle), Nailz Craze NC 04 (ring on ring) and Handy 57 (lettering on ring) using black and white Konad special polishes.



A closer look at MoYou Landscape Collection-01.





Nailz Craze NC04


Added random hearts using red and white Konad polishes using an image from SdP 78.



Topped with SV to finish.



Brilliant Earth will be doing a feature on the Create a Little Love highlighting various medias with a collage of various bloggers; I'll update the link here when I see it!

Thanks for looking!

Edited June 4 2014 to remove link to Brilliant Earth at their request!


10 comments:

  1. omg this is so cute and somehow reminds me of valentine decors at stores

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!!! SO very cute and perfect for the theme :) I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a whole story right on your nails--brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect and romantic valentines nails...
    love them
    xoxo
    happy week end

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look! Especially the ring. I also have the Moyou Landscape plate but I haven't used the proposal part yet... I really need to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the whole idea and you've really managed to pull it off well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!