Friday, February 13, 2015

Digit-al Dozen Does Patterns on Patterns; Day 5

We are at Day 5 of the hardest Digit-al Dozen challenge ever; patterns on patterns.  Hard for me; but by the looks of the other ladies, mani's, it was easy peasy!  Hopefully you have had a chance to check out all the ladies creative mani's this week as there have been a lot of crazy cool mani's, that's for sure!  This is my final mani...and I went all out with pattern on pattern on pattern!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base coat of two layers of Zoya Lara, topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


For the first patterns, stamped using Funky Fingers Dark Night using an image from Handy 24.


Stamped on the second pattern using same Handy plate using Funky Fingers Gesso.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


While I was happy with this, I wanted to take it one step further so decided to stamp on yet another pattern using Apipila P.17 using Mundo de Unas 52, then topped with KBShimmer to finish.  This is over the top, but again, was just testing myself to see how far I could go with this pattern challenge!


I have to show this next pix; anyone who has stamped lines knows how hard it is to line them up, get them straight on the nails above aren't bad but still not perfect.  Well I stamped a near perfect nail placement wise for the lines ...but fail none the less lol.  Grr...this is why I top coat my nails before stamping for easy removal.


Here's the other ladies Day 5 mani's.  



Hopefully you've enjoyed seeing every one's patterns on patterns this week!

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

  1. It so wasn't easy for me! But I love your triple pattern. It's kinda edgy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mrsrexy! I think the addition of the lime green skulls only perfected this mani! Yes, it's over-the-top, but that's also what makes it so fun. Thanks also for showing us that even professional bloggers make a few mistakes now and then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm not a pro my any means! I make lots of mistakes! It's just I either redo, or know how to fix/hide them!

      Delete
  3. Pattern on pattern on pattern. Great mani. Love the green skulls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa those are intense! That's a super opaque green to stamp with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how punk rock these are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I like this! Definitely very punk rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome - they totally make me think Iron Fist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh I just love the pink and green combo! So punk...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so punk rock! My emo high school self wishes I could have rocked nails like this back in the day, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so awesome! They remind me of those Monster High dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, just found a whole set of DD I missed! Arg! I want to wear every stage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!