Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Digit-al Dozen Does Patterns on Patterns; Day 3

Here's another Valentine related Digit-al Dozen patterns on patterns mani!


For these, I knew I wanted a pink gradient but wanted something more than a trio of cremes; was leaning towards holos but ultimately ended up with using three older China Glazes; Cloud Nine, Preppy Pink and Moulin Rouge. Started with a base of two coats of China Glaze Cloud Nine, no top coat.


Did a sponged gradient using China Glaze Preppy Pink and Moulin Rouge.  In hindsight, these were a little on the thick side and could have benefited from some thinner.


But didn't look too bad once top coated; a little syrupy which was cool!  This gradient is my first pattern.


For the second pattern, used an image from Apipila P.38 using Funky Fingers Dark Knight.


Apipila P.38

Top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Here's the other Digit-al Dozen ladies with their very talented Day 3 patterns on patterns mani's!


An InLinkz Link-up

It was nice using some older polishes for a change!  I think a lot of us tend to gravitate towards the newer collections, both indie and mainstream,  and forget the ones we have from years ago that still need loving!

Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

  1. The stamping here really makes the mani in my opinion. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it with and without the stamping. It's so sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with that glittery gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this - that gradient is gorgeous and I like that the hearts are black x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mani is AWESOME - the base is great. Confession - every time I see your manis I try to contort my thumb like yours but in spite of being double jointed it just won't cooperate. If it would I'd totally steal your hand pose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is amazing! I love the gradient, and it's fab with the black stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful gradient! And the stamping makes it even more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is some sparkle! I love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are amazing! Great job. I love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty! I love the sparkle you added :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! It looks like negative stamping but it's not. That gradient is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!