Friday, February 20, 2015

Hold Onto Your Seat If You're A Purple Lover!

Purple lovers rejoice!  This one's for you!


I picked these polishes no no other reason that I hadn't worn purple for a while and thought they would go nicely together!  I started by choosing Emily de Molly Cosmic Forces, this is three coats.  Then picked a purple creme that I thought would go well with it; FingerPaints Picturesque Purple, two coats then top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  I would have liked more of the big circle glitters on my nails but only one came out in six coats total.  


Stamped using Mundo de Unas #1 (white) with an image from UberChic 1-03.  I had a hard time getting this image to stamp; I tried Funky Fingers Gesso and it would not stamp at all so I had to switch to Mundo de Unas.  Even with Mundo de Unas, the plate had to be wiped each and every time after stamping or the image would not pick up at all.  I'm surmising this is because the etching depth and image lines are fine.  I'm not sure if the plates are just finicky by nature or if I got poorly etched plates because I've used four images from these as I write this post and all are the same.  What is also odd is that everyone else is giving these plates such glowing reviews but no one is saying if they are wiping their plate after each image and if they will only work with certain polishes.  Yes, they do stamp but if you have to wipe after each and every stamp and they work with only certain polishes, they are more finicky that I like myself.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Maybe I just got poor plates or could be that I have higher expectations from a plate.  ??  (Edited Feb 22, 2015:  I tried numerous stampers, scrapers and polishes last night on this image; Magno, squishy from Messy Mansion, firm rectangular from Messy Mansion, FAB, MoYou squishy) and they are all the same; the etching is so fine/shallow that you can only get one stamp and you have to clean up or it will not pick up. Not one stamper would pick it up a second time and some wouldn't pick it up the fully the first).   


UberChic 1-03



While the stamping on itself was nice enough, I like a little more interest.  Added NYX Silver to the centers of the flowers.  I love the look of the glitter in the jelly polishes so purposely didn't want to do much stamping on them and opted to leave the ring finger with the base alone.


Hmm, again didn't mind the look of this, but thought the ring just looked too bare.  I made a wavy line using tape and wave scissors; I really wants several rows of waves and then the silver glitter on top but the tape wasn't the best for making these waves and I don't have waves nail vinyls at the time I did these (I do have some now thanks to the package I received for a Canuck Swap I was in!).  So just left the silver glitter at the tips for interest and to tie in that finger with the rest.  Then top coated to finish to KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  


Some of the silver glitter spread on the ring finger but I actually think it added to the look!  Sometimes oops works!


You can also see that this particular image is way too big for my nails.  So I stamped it in an assortment of ways to compensate for this; I myself really like the partial whimsy images on the pinky and index.  Thank goodness or otherwise a useless image for anyone with smaller nails!


I love the look of this; probably one of my favourite mani's in a while!  You can probably tell by the number of pictures I've posted of it



Have a great weekend and thanks for looking!

And if you have these UberChic plates, are yours finicky too?  Please let me know!

6 comments:

  1. I love the stamping over the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love this so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checkin out my blog! I've noticed your comments and do appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. I saw another review that gave trouble on that very same stamp. Purple is my favorite color, so I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I've only seen positive reviews; I was beginning to think I didn't know how to stamp!

      Delete
  4. This manicure looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!