Thursday, February 5, 2015

Hot Pink and Hearts!

One night last week, I sat down to do my nails but got sidetracked looking for images and ended up going through all my plates (I mean allllllllllllllllllllllllllllll my plates lol) . Anyone who has a number of plates knows that this can take some time! I like to go through them occasionally to set aside plates to potentially use for any themes or holidays, upcoming Digit-al Dozen challenges or special occasions or celebrations. Sometimes, I have an idea in my mind like a water scene for example so while I'm going through them, I pick out all plates that have water scened images and set them aside for when I finally decide to do that water scene mani.  Because, sometimes I have to be in the mood or have lots of time to do a particular theme or design or whatever so I have them ready for when the mood strikes! Stuff like this.  Sometimes I just discover a cool image that I had forgotten about and set it aside for the day I lack any inspiration to do anything special, or am pressed for time. Just makes it easier to look at a few plates when the time comes to do a mani versus a lot especially if you know in advance you are doing a Valentine's Day mani, for example. That way, there is a ready stash of plates set aside to use and only have to look through a stack of maybe 20 or 50 (or more depending on the theme) versus alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll of them. Usually when I'm on image missions like this, I go through one or two brands a night over a week or so, not all at once.  Well, this night, before I knew it, it was 2 am when I was finally ready to paint my nails. While I had removed my polish and prepped my nails in anticipation of doing them that night, when I realized it was 2 am, I quickly went to bed for a few hours of sleep versus staying up longer to complete my nails.  The next morning, I did this mani in half an hour before heading out to work (including taking pix for the blog; this is probably a 15 minute mani at best).  Here's what I came up with!



Started with a base of two coats of Glam Polish Pink Ladies; this is no topcoat.



This is such a me colour; I could wear this every day of the week and twice on Sunday's! (I have a back up bottle of this, for sure!)  Top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.



Stamped using assortment of plates; Bunny Nails HD-A (pinky), Bunny nails HD-B (ring), FUN 13 (middle), CICI & SISI 03 (index) and no name plate from Walmart (thumb) using Funky Fingers Gesso.



Finished with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.



FUN 13









THIS is one of the things I love about stamping; while this isn't a particularly hard mani to do, it is great that you can get an interesting mani in no time flat!  I have often commented that it takes longer to pick out the plates and polishes then to do my nails (when I don't have a bunch set aside, that is...because I don't always!) and this is a good example of how fast it can be done when pressed for time....and props goes a long way to quick dry top coat which speeds things along considerably!

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. So awesome as always! I need to start doing more advanced stamping and decal work. Found this account on Instagram that does freakin ahhhhhhh-making crap. It's @cassis_p and she does videos making it look so damn easy! Have you seen her stuff?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!