Sunday, February 8, 2015

Another Valentine's Day Mani

When I'm doing holiday mani's, I try to do at least one that is a little outside of the box to mix things up a little. Mainly it's because I can only wear so much pink or red over just a few days when doing Valentine's nails for example, or green, red and white at Christmas time.  So this is my untraditional Valentine's Day nails for this year!   This is my favourite Valentine's Day mani this year...well, so far, anyway!  Here's what I came up with!



Started with a base of OPI Cement The Deal with an accent of two coats of Darling Diva The Alchemist; this is with no top coat.


Layered one thin coat of El Corazon Confetti n520A on the index, middle and pinky, and one fairy liberal coat of Sonoma Nail Art Sonoma County Gazettle on the thumb as well as some glitter placement with the brush to fill in bare spots.


Added a coat of KBSimmer Clearly on Top on on index and on the thumb, which also got a coat of Gelous to help smooth out any stray glitters.   I love this on so many levels!  Loving the El Corazon; loving the glitter mix on the thumb and loving the awesome glow just glaring on the ring finger.


As much as loved this, there aren't too many mani's that don't see stamping. Added assortment of images from plates Pueen 41 (index), Bundle Monster BM411 (middle), BundleMonster BM317 (ring) and Wistonia Wedding Bliss (pinky) using Funky Fingers Gesso, Black Knight and Mundo de Unas #9.


While I really liked the look of the matte, I have a tendency to tc everything when out and about, so added a layer of top coat to finish.


BundleMonster BM411


All in all, I was thrilled how this turned out!  I was so happy that the red glitters in Sonoma Country Gazette matched Darling Diva The Alchemist so well!  Adore the pop of white on the red holo too!  


When I finished this and got to looking at it, I thought I should have fished out the bar glitters on the thumb and made little x's to match the middle....or is that taking it too far lol?  Maybe next time!

Hope you're having a good weekend.....and if you're in the GTA, be safe in our stormy weather conditions....thanks for looking


6 comments:

  1. Best Valentine's Day manicure EVER! Truly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Valentine's mani. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mani! I'm not feeling the pinkish V-Day vibe this year so this is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dimension on this look!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!