Monday, February 9, 2015

Digit-al Dozen Does Patterns on Patterns; Day 1

Welcome to Digit-al Dozen week!  This month's theme is patterns on patterns....and hands down, the hardest challenge I've participated in yet!  The pressure to come up with something creative enough....and with Valentine's Day so close.....plus I rarely do double stamping....well, let's say I thought I couldn't wait to have my five mani's done!  And I do have all five done!  Yeah me! I felt so badly last month that I only was able to post three and not complete the challenge that I did some of these as soon as my hands were good enough!  Anyway, enough rambling; here's what I came up with for day 1!


Started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, two coats, then topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top (no pix has have shown many times before).  Stamped using Mundo de Unas #2 using Apipila P.11. As much as I love the squishy stamper, unfortunately, you have to gauge your stamping pressure just so or you get squiggly lines, as you can see here.  But this is a very unforgiving image to stamp and didn't turn out half bad!


Added hearts from Konad m95 using Mundo de Unas #15.  I have to admit, while I don't mind the look of this, I didn't want to use this colour; I actually wanted red.  But when I did my test hand first, I couldn't get a red to stamp dark enough to cover the black lines; at least enough that I was happy with as you can still see the black faintly here.  So by trial and error with stamping polishes (well, until I exhausted the 5 nails on my test hand), this is what I ended up using.  In hindsight, I wished I had have done hot pink lines and black hearts...but that's another mani, another day!


Top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


I actually wasn't too fond of this when I did it....but it kind of grew on me!

Here's the other ladies amazing Day 1 pattern on pattern mani's!



Thanks for looking!



17 comments:

  1. I LOVE these! And your lines aren't squiggly at all. Stamping lines is darn near impossible for me...to the point I almost prefer tape *gasp*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the result of these. You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap for the hearts on stripes! Yours is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I love this hearts on stripes look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so perfect for Valentine's Week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I love this! Just perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, I would personally wear this any time of the year! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't tell you how much I love this design! It is such a simple design executed perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! And I love the pink and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors together. And the design is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love how this turned out. Your stamping skills are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so bold and beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!! The color combination really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these. They are so simple but make such a huge statement! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!