Thursday, February 12, 2015

Digit-al Dozen Does Patterns on Patterns; Day 4

Here we are at Day 4 patterns on patterns challenge!  I have to say, I thought I was pretty clever when I did this mani, coming up with two patterns in one swoop of a scraper!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls with a sponged gradient of Mundo de Unas 3 and 6 and FUN Bubble Blue stamping polish.  Yes!  I used the stamping polishes in place of regular polishes as I wanted EXACTLY the same colours in this gradient as what I was stamping with. 


Here are my two patterns at once; using three stamping polishes, did a pattern gradient on top of a patterned image from FUN 15.  This may be considered cheating by some but I thought I was brilliant! :) 


Here's how the stamped gradient was achieved. I also take a toothpick and do a faint squiggly line so the colours meld if that makes sense before scraping.



(this pix from was another scrape, not the one above and no melding of stamping colours, but similar outcome!)  Just in case anyone is inspecting the pix that close!


Stamped the accent finger using same image and Funky Fingers Gesso.


FUN 15





Top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Here's the other ladies Day 4 mani's!


An InLinkz Link-up

Thanks for looking!


18 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous - I love how subtle but still totally cool that accent nail is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely; I am digging the blues too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've seen gradient stamping before...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is the prettiest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mind is blown by the color stamping, I thought it was white stamped on gradient (like ring finger), not gradient stamped on white....

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful - so simple but so lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still can't believe how much I love this! Those blues are perfect together and with the white it's to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stamped gradient is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super neat idea! Love the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! Clever idea to do the accent that way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so pretty! I love the effect of the gradiated flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful! I love your accent nail!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous! I love how creative you are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful! I love this technique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cool! I wish I had the skill to do a gradient stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at you, being all awesome. I love this, very tropical!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!