Friday, June 14, 2019

Digit-al Dozen Does Vacation; Day 4

It's Digit-al Dozen week and our theme this month is vacation.  I love the water, I love being on the water and love looking at it.  I bought a trailer on the lake near Southampton, Ontario about a year and a half ago and that is where I spend most of any vacation I take during the summer.  It is right on the water plus not too far from town, where there is a lighthouse that I like to go look at.  This is what was used for the inspiration behind these vacation nails!  Here's what I came up with!


This is a picture I took last Labour Day in Southampton at the local beach area.  I have a few other pix but this is one I could find readily.



It's #fluidartfriday so thought I'd share a fluid art base! Started with a fluid decal using various blue polishes and dark blue DYI fluid polish.  I loved how this turned out; it is one of my more successful fluids so wanted to find a way to use it somehow!  I made this maybe 10 days ago and it is just at the point of starting to be brittle.  By far it is best to use them within 24-48 hours of making as they are much more pliable and fit to your nail better.  But I used older ones too; they just aren't as easy to work on the nail.


Cut down the larger decal to nail sizes and then applied after a coat of bonder.  Please excuse the ring and pinky finger and the Smurf nails; I guess I must have hit the blue that is a skin stainer on those nails but for some reason, missed it on the other nails.  Even with scrubbing with a cotton swab and remover, I could not get it off.  Hopefully its not that much of a visible deterrent for the rest of the mani!


Applied KBShimmer Clearly on Top to secure the decal to the nail and prep for stamping.  Still Smurf nails lol!


Stamped with images from Sugar Bubbles SB 040 on all nails with accent nail of BM-506 using FunkyFingers Gesso.  Yep, still Smurf nails!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


The next day after showering, I was able to get rid of some of the blue staining so took a few more pictures.


Later that night when I took off the mani, I reallyyyy had Smurf nails!  I didn't keep track of the polishes I used for the fluid art so not really sure which polish it was that was the culprit but after a good scrub with Crest whitening toothpaste, they cleaned up pretty good.



Here's the other ladies day 4 mani's!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter
Thanks for looking!

PS:  I probably won't be able to share my day 5 nails until next week; I don't have the post done yet and usually am not on the net that much during the summer so it will have to wait.  Plus hopefully I'll get Father's Day nails posted! 

4 comments:

  1. Great info about nail polish online. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info and photos. I love your work.

    Jelly Nelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind words and for checking out my blog! It is really appreciated!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!