Thursday, June 13, 2019

Digit-al Dozen Does Vacation; Day 3

I'm torn about sharing nails for today; it's game 6 in the Raptors v. Warriors tonight and the Raptors could take the NBA Championship...but doing Digit-al Dozen vacation mani's all week soooo, this mani is going to do double duty as in Toronto is a popular vacation destination and when on vacation, you might take in a local sports event or might even take a holiday to see a game specifically and in this case. to go see the Raptors play, right?  Well, that's what I'm sticking with; here's what I came up with for my day 3 mani!  Go, Raptors, Go!


Started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls with accent nails of Color Club Disco Dress, two coats each, no top coat.


Applied a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


I made stamper decals using images from Creative Shop 70 (thumb) and MJ XXIV (index and pinky) using MdU 1 and 2 then filled with Zoya Sonia.  Basketball on pinky was filled in with MdU 13).  And while I'm pretty much a stamping polish snob in that I rarely stamp with regular polishes (well, except FunkyFingers Gesso and Dark Knight which are my go to black and white stamping polishes), I discovered that Zoya Sonia stamped well too; so stamped index with UberChic Sports Fan-01 and Creative Shop 70 (middle). I actually had the hardest time finding a polish that was the right shade of Raptors red based on the examples I could find on the net and to make sure it showed up well enough on the Color Club Disco Dress; this was the closest I could find.  I think it matched pretty good!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Added letters to ring finger using Nailways Back to Basics 123 ABC using FunkyFingers Gesso and did the signature claws freehand on the index finger using OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.


Added words to middle finger using MdU 2 using same Nailways Back to Basics 123 ABC plate.


Finished with a final coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  And while I would normally be annoyed at the MdU polish feathering on the lettering, I'd like to think today that it is claw marks and the Raps are going to claw their way back and take it in 6!


Here's the other ladies day 3 mani's!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Thanks for looking!

Go, Raptors, Go!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!