Saturday, December 22, 2012

Wrapping It Up

This is the second mani I did with the Sugar Bubbles special holiday plates....and another one of these funky frenches!

brown20-2

I'm going to be honest; this is a mani that I had no intention of showing.  While I love the base, and the glitter added..... I failed so badly with the stamping on so many levels that this was a fail that could do without being posted! 

Started with a base of two coats of Contrary Hayride.  Love the shimmer in these Contrary polishes!  And the shimmer isn't hidden like so many other polishes that its gorgeous in the bottle but hidden on the nail.

DSC05881-2


Bottle pix. 

DSC05878-2

Added Orly Halo at tips for some glitter accent.

brown8-2


DSC05883-2

I couldn't decide which gold stamping polish to use that would compliment the base best.....even though there are a bunch of gold chromes/metallics out there, there are different shades....I ultimately chose CND Gold Chrome which is my go to gold stamping polish most of the time, using Sugar Bubbles special 02 plate.

brown11-2

But...and here's the fail part....I failed miserably on the lining up of the ribbons...the ribbons are crooked, the bows aren't centered and are all over the place and the gold didn't show up very well.  I was ticked at myself at this point....didn't even take many pix/didn't worry particularly too much about doing a great job on cleanup.

BUTTTTT, when I got outside, the mani looked totally different and then I loved it (well, less the stamping fails!).

brown16-2


Contrary Polish is available here or mini size bottles or at Llarowe.  Sugar Bubbles here!

Hope you're having a great weekend...thanks for looking!







3 comments:

  1. I think the glittery tips divert a lot from your 'failed' stamping. It's a beautiful mani and totally worth posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful!!! I love how simple the colors are. That Contrary polish is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!