Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Digit-al Dozen Does Nail Heroes; Day 2

Today is Day 2 of Digit-al Dozen challenge week with the theme of nail heroes.  This mani is my attempt to create one of my very early stamping nail heroes, Lisa from Glammed-Up.  I remember when I was first getting into stamping and was surfing the net looking to see what people were doing with their stamping (you have to remember, this was back in the day when the only plates we had to use were Konad and a few fauxnads).  I was always amazed at the mani's that Lisa came up with!  Even after all these years, I still love the nails she came up with!  First of all, the layering upon layering upon layering of the stamped images which if I attempted would just be a jumbled mess but she came up with mini pieces of art!  There was only a few bloggers at the time that were this creative (at least that I know of anyway including Fab Ur Nails and Art of Nail).  She was also into frankening and would often mix up her own polish or stamping polish and this just wasn't being done that much back then.  One of the reasons I do my blog posts the way I do is also because of her; while she would show her nails and then list the plates and/or polishes used, I would look at them and think, well, how did she do that?  What image on that nail was from what plate?  Even when I was looking at her blog posts to come up with something (easy) enough I could attempt to re-create and even having the same plates she listed, I couldn't figure out which image she used.  I often thought that if I have this issue, there must be other people that have the same issue (and by no means was she the only blogger who does this; there are many that just show one pix of their mani and the products used; heck sometimes, they don't even list what polishes or plates they used!  I'm not pointing fingers at anyone or complaining, just stating the facts!). But I often thought that if I did step by step blog posts that it might help someone out so that's why I always do my manis and blog posts like I do.  Sometimes I might forget a step here or there or forget to jot down a plate or polish, but for the most part, each blog post I do is like a mini tutorial of the look for this reason.  Anyway, here's the blog post of the mani that I did, my tribute to one of my nail heroes; Lisa from Glammed-Up.


This was pretty much the only mani I thought I had a hope of even coming close to recreating.  I urge you if you have the time and are so inclined to browse her site for some pretty cool nail art.



Even though I have the same plates and polishes that were used in the mani I was using for inspiration (except Claire's Matte Green), my mani isn't 100% the same as I wanted to put my own spin on it and there a couple images that even though I looked at the plates, I still could not figure out which image was used where. So I did some improvising, keeping in mind the inspired mani.  Plus obviously my nails just aren't as long as hers and I didn't want to add more than one rose for fear of a jumbled mess lol.  

Started with a base of two coats of Il était un vernis Chardonnay, no top coat.


Added a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC before stamping.


Added roses from fauxnad A using Konad red and green special polish. (This image might look familiar to some as I shared it or something close to it around Valentine's Day.)


Added skulls from Hot Topic plate and barbed wire from H17 using Funky Fingers Dark Knight using clear jelly stamper for placement help.


Top coated using Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.


Unfortunately, Lisa hasn't blogged in four years; I know she had health issues in the past but do hope that she is doing OK and is still rocking her nails!  I know that at the tail end of her blogging, Bundle Monster was just coming out with plates and I do know that she got the first bunch of Dashica plates; both of these were not the best but just the start of new nail plates that were being sold.  I can only imagine the awesome nail art she would be creating if she has any of the newer MoYou, Moyra, Dashica, MJ, FUN, etc etc. plates that are on the market now!  Thank you, Lisa for all your inspiration and talent!

Here's the other ladies Day 2 Nail Hero mani's!



Thanks for looking!




3 comments:

  1. I think you did a really great job with your recreation! The base polish you used is absolutely stunning too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Keep up the good work! Your mini tutorials are the very reason why I never miss a post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your recreation is great! I love how you show a step by step for each one of your manis!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!