Thursday, February 18, 2016

Digit-al Dozen Does Nail Heroes; Day 4

Continuing with the theme of nail heroes, today I am honouring all the nail art plate makers!  When I started stamping years ago, at the time, there was only Konad plates and few fauxnads.  Some of the very first "indie" if you will plate makers were Chez Delaney with the D plates, Dashica with the A-D series, and FAB/early MJ plates (which were the combined work of the ladies now behind FAB UR Nails {who now has FUN plates} and MyOnLineShop {who has MJ plates} if I recall correctly).  Since then, we have BundleMonster, Wistonia, Cheeky, FAB UR NAILS, MyOnLineShop, Creative, Moyra, Girly Bits, It Girl, Delush, NailMatinee, Nail Art Diva, Nailways, Hot Topic, Betina, BFF, Apipila, Lily Anna, Messy Mansion, Cheeky Beauty, Marinanne Nails, Lilic, NailzCraze, Sugar Bubbles, Vivid Lacquer, MoYou, MoYou London, Born Pretty, Essense, Mango, UberChic, Pueen, CICI & SISI, DRK, Emily de Molly, B. Loves, Red Angel, Mash, LLC, Pueen, Mundo de Unas, Rica, Wistonia.....did I forget anyone?  Some of these makers are companies; some are just one person who does it all.  Some are no longer around or are no longer making plates and others are brand new on the market.  And don't forget that if there's an image you can't find, there's always Fig Tree Stamps who will make you your own plate!  We stampers have never had so many options!  As a long time stamper, I thank all of you!   You collectively are my nail heroes as otherwise we'd all be using Konad plates and the A, T, H, XL plates, etc. that were only available back in the day!  I can't pick a favourite brand; it would be like picking which one of my children is my favourite and that's just not right! I do find that I may go through ebbs and flows of using a plate brand; I may use a lot of a makers plates for a period of time, then might not use them again for months; it isn't that I don't love them any less, just that they may not have the images that I'm looking for at the moment.  

For my nail hero mani, I've put my spin on a mani from the last blog post from FAB UR Nails blog, simply because she is one of the few makers who actually actively does mani's.  Here's what I came up with!


Here's my mani inspiration from FAB UR NAILS, photo credit to FAB UR NAILS


For the base, I thought I'd attempt a water marble; in fact, this mani was my very first time! (Although I shared one a few days ago, this mani was done first and the Valentine's Day one was my second).  This is two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and what I thought was sufficient Girly Bits Border Patrol but it wasn't as I had polish much further down my fingers as well as on the backside of my fingers.  I still need to figure this part out.


Used polishes from Pipe Dream A Night In Vegas collection for the water marble.



The water marble mess!  I don't know why the water marble has the little bubble looking drops on it in places (see index finger) or why it bubbled and broke (see middle finger) as not experienced enough in this nor did I do a lot of online research for tips and tricks, but if anyone happens to know, I'd love the answer! Overall though, I was pretty happy how this turned out for my first attempt!  I also think some of the better parts of the design went on my skin but I hope with more practise, placing it on the nail will get better, just like with stamping.


After clean up.


Topped with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC before stamping.


Stamped using Funky Fingers Dark Knight using an image from MJ III.


Topped with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.


I look forward to how far this nail stamping journey will go and the continued release of some amazing nail art images from all the plate makers!  

Here are the other ladies Day 4 nail heroes!



Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. These are amazing! The watermarble turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watermarble is fantastic! I haven't done one in soooo long! I find that the bubbles happen (for me anyways) when I remove my finger to quickly from the water or not at the same angle that I put it in at lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!