Friday, February 19, 2016

Digit-al Dozen Does Nail Heroes; Day 5

Today's mani is doing double duty; it's Day 5 of nail heroes week for Digit-al Dozen as well as 40 Great Nail Art Ideas with the challenge of red; I had added prompt of negative space. I used a stamping plate from Messy Mansion as my tribute to my last nail hero for the week, Julia the owner of Messy Mansion.  Not for her plates because Messy Mansion was included in yesterday's nail heroes, but for the new methods that Julia has brought to our stamped nails being the stamper decal and lead lighting.  Both of these new methods have made more interesting, creative and more awesome nails than we had ever seen so thank you Julia for thinking outside the box and coming up with these techniques!  I really wanted to do a lead lighting or stamper decal mani but because I was combining themes and especially when I had red and negative space, looking at the plates I would have used for them, I just couldn't come up with anything so ended up using a Messy Mansion plate; here's what I came up with!



Now, don't go laughing too hard, but what I used for the stamping polish and the base polish are both Girly Bits Fire Engine Red!  I initially stamped the two accent nails using Giry Bits Fire Engine Red using an image from Messy Mansion MM29.  I then gathered red cremes to try to figure out which one would match it the closest then thought why not just use the stamping polish as the base and then I know it will match exactly?!! So that's what I did!  One coat was good coverage but I did two because my application wasn't the best on the first one so needed to do a second to get closer to the cuticles, edges, etc.  No top coat is shown on the pix below.



Messy Mansion MM29


Topped all with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.  This was how I had initially planned to leave my nails but I couldn't stand the look of the free edge on the tips of the two accent nails being different than the rest of the nails.  Note to self; negative space is not the look for you; never do it again lol! Actually, I might not have minded this look so much if my nails weren't stained so badly; they actually weren't that bad until I had really bad staining earlier in the week from a green Dance Legend polish :(



Decided to do french tip using tape and same Girly Bits Fire Engine Red stamping polish.  While I liked how this looked, decided I wanted a little bit more!



Added a few studs for interest.



Decided to add them to all fingers although I don't like this look nearly as much as without no studs or just on the solid ones.




Here's the other Digit-al Dozen Day 5 nail hero mani's!




All the red manis with the various prompts for 40 Great Nail Art Ideas challenge!


An InLinkz Link-up

Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!